The World of SC400

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The World of SC400

Helpful forum for SC400 fanatics

2 posters

What Should I know about '95 SC400 to sell effectively?

abturnage
    abturnage
    Individual
    Individual

What Should I know about '95 SC400 to sell effectively? Empty What Should I know about '95 SC400 to sell effectively?

Post by abturnage Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:58 pm

Hey everyone - I have a really nice '95 SC400 1-Owner that I'm trying to sell, but I really don't know much about them and hoped that all of you with experience will tell me the strong and weak points so I can be better educated about these cars when I get responses.  Mine is very nice, and well kept, from what I see online mine is in very good condition comparatively.  I wish I could post it for sale on here, but the forum doesn't allow new users to do so for a month, so I am hoping that anyone would be kind enough to direct me and help me learn so that I can be more effective when selling this very nice car.  I've had it on craigslist, but I am confident that given the history and condition I'm not reaching the right market, so I hope to learn also where I should market it for best results and what are the things SC buyers are looking for, what will they want to know about.  Thanks so much for any input!
    SC400slide
    SC400slide
    Admin

What Should I know about '95 SC400 to sell effectively? Empty Re: What Should I know about '95 SC400 to sell effectively?

Post by SC400slide Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:10 pm

abturnage wrote:Hey everyone - I have a really nice '95 SC400 1-Owner that I'm trying to sell, but I really don't know much about them and hoped that all of you with experience will tell me the strong and weak points so I can be better educated about these cars when I get responses.  Mine is very nice, and well kept, from what I see online mine is in very good condition comparatively.  I wish I could post it for sale on here, but the forum doesn't allow new users to do so for a month, so I am hoping that anyone would be kind enough to direct me and help me learn so that I can be more effective when selling this very nice car.  I've had it on craigslist, but I am confident that given the history and condition I'm not reaching the right market, so I hope to learn also where I should market it for best results and what are the things SC buyers are looking for, what will they want to know about.  Thanks so much for any input!
    How do you not know about it much, yet had it for almost 20 years?  Shocked
    Weak Points: Plastic interior (center vent, window trim), Window regulators, Power tilt o the steering wheel

Strong Points: Everything else! 

You can try Auto Trader, Club Lexus, Lexus Owners Club, and potentially eBay. Craigslist is a great market to sell in but it depends where you live. Personally, if it is in really good condition, I'd try eBay, but then again, there are the fees...

Yeah, sorry about that, new users are not able to sell a vehicle or item unless they have over 100 posts and/or have somebody with a good standing here on the forum that can vouch for the seller.

Good luck.
    abturnage
    abturnage
    Individual
    Individual

What Should I know about '95 SC400 to sell effectively? Empty Re: What Should I know about '95 SC400 to sell effectively?

Post by abturnage Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:33 am

Thanks -
    I can certainly understand - otherwise youd be spammed with junk all of the time.  Just trying to get more info, so I go about this in the wisest way.  I have about $3800 in this car and I hope to market it in a way that minimizes my losses.  But I really don't have a grasp of value... I just thought there might be some things that I should check into in case mine was in way better condition than most, which I'm thinking it is...

It's a 95 sc400 192k, timing belt had been done at 92k, and I just did timing belt and components once again last week, new tires on it, cold a/c, good heat, radio speakers lights (even in the cluster) sunroof keyless, everything works, except the power tilt which is going to be fixed once the gear arrives. No lights on dash like abs airbag or cel...

It's a 1-owner southern car (not me, im a dealer, bought because I've always wanted one just to have for a little while and had it now about 8 months), it has no rust and almost perfect body as far as dings, a few minor scratches and blemishes but minor for age, most significatly the nose cose is a bit faded as it is made of plastic.  Interior is way better than most that I've seen online - most have leather this is pretty much nonexistent lol. ---  pass seat about perfect, rear seats about perfect except top where sun hits and has split and become fairly dry, driver seat side and upper left bolsters have splits but by no means torn up like most.  Cushion and the rest of the seat very good, carpets and mats, dash, and panels all excellent, steering wheel cover showing wear, and screen on ac controls about 1/2 gone black but legible.

Mechanically excellent except for two things that I'm learning about by reading online yesterday and today - tilt gear stripped so I've ordered one off ebay and plan to fix, and carrier bearing makes noise when on highway and you let off the throttle (or so i'm guessing based on reading and logic).

I'm astounded by the quality of these cars.  I was driving it to work today thinking how much better it feels and rides than most of the cars on my lot that are 10 years newer with half the miles.  Toyota quality - love it...
    SC400slide
    SC400slide
    Admin

Post by SC400slide Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:33 am

abturnage wrote:Thanks -
    I can certainly understand - otherwise youd be spammed with junk all of the time.  Just trying to get more info, so I go about this in the wisest way.  I have about $3800 in this car and I hope to market it in a way that minimizes my losses.  But I really don't have a grasp of value... I just thought there might be some things that I should check into in case mine was in way better condition than most, which I'm thinking it is...

It's a 95 sc400 192k, timing belt had been done at 92k, and I just did timing belt and components once again last week, new tires on it, cold a/c, good heat, radio speakers lights (even in the cluster) sunroof keyless, everything works, except the power tilt which is going to be fixed once the gear arrives. No lights on dash like abs airbag or cel...

It's a 1-owner southern car (not me, im a dealer, bought because I've always wanted one just to have for a little while and had it now about 8 months), it has no rust and almost perfect body as far as dings, a few minor scratches and blemishes but minor for age, most significatly the nose cose is a bit faded as it is made of plastic.  Interior is way better than most that I've seen online - most have leather this is pretty much nonexistent lol. ---  pass seat about perfect, rear seats about perfect except top where sun hits and has split and become fairly dry, driver seat side and upper left bolsters have splits but by no means torn up like most.  Cushion and the rest of the seat very good, carpets and mats, dash, and panels all excellent, steering wheel cover showing wear, and screen on ac controls about 1/2 gone black but legible.

Mechanically excellent except for two things that I'm learning about by reading online yesterday and today - tilt gear stripped so I've ordered one off ebay and plan to fix, and carrier bearing makes noise when on highway and you let off the throttle (or so i'm guessing based on reading and logic).

I'm astounded by the quality of these cars.  I was driving it to work today thinking how much better it feels and rides than most of the cars on my lot that are 10 years newer with half the miles.  Toyota quality - love it...
    You're telling me. I have 2 SC400's and want MOAR! To tell you the truth, the car is probably worth more to you than anybody else looking for transportation. They don't know that it has -260 HP, -a V8 engine, based on the pictures, it looks like an everyday Solara. 

I have a 95 SC400 as well and it is almost identical to yours. Exterior isn't that great, but interior just needs a couple things and it's mint! (cluster needle, front seats) IMAO, you should keep the car, sell your Dodge Neon. Smile

In fact, the SC400 was in the Top Ten "best cars ever made"! Enjoy that SC!
    abturnage
    abturnage
    Individual
    Individual

Post by abturnage Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:16 am

I don't have a neon... and I haven't posted pics... are you confused?  It looks like a solara?

Well if anyone has any input, let me know... 

Thanks!
    SC400slide
    SC400slide
    Admin

Post by SC400slide Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:20 am

abturnage wrote:I don't have a neon... and I haven't posted pics... are you confused?  It looks like a solara?

Well if anyone has any input, let me know... 

Thanks!
    I was jesting when I mentioned that *gasp* dodge thing in this conversation. Also sometimes I get compliments like "hey dude nice solara!". SMH...
    SC400slide
    SC400slide
    Admin

Post by SC400slide Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:23 pm

How's the project going?  Smile
    SC400slide
    SC400slide
    Admin

Post by SC400slide Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:30 pm

Hows the project thus far? Surprised

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:14 am